Monday, December 19, 2005

Highs and Lows




Let's start with the highs.

We took Isabelle to "Tokyo Grill" (our favorite Japanese restaurant) for the first time on Thursday. We had some plans that fell through at the last minute, so Ben suggested we try taking her with us. She slept soundly while we enjoyed our meal. We also had a plumbing extravaganza this morning where we couldn't get the shower to turn off. Ben had intended to fix it over Christmas with his dad because there is only one main shutoff valve to the water. I had already scheduled a haircut, so Ben took Isabelle to Lowe's to search for parts. Success was found on both errands - Isabelle and Ben survived their first time out alone together, and Ben found the part and fixed the shower before lunch.

As for the lows, Isabelle had two very fussy evenings on Friday and Saturday. It made me so sad to hear her scream for hours. I didn't go to church Sunday morning or evening, and spent the day in bed. I was tired from being awake, but also just had a sad day and let myself cry for most of it. It's par for the course at this time, so it doesn't have me too worried, but it was a hard day. I haven't played the piano since the birth (except once while my mom was here and she begged me to). How can I fit in practise time AND exercise? Just doing one seems like a huge mountain.

One more week until Christmas and Isabelle will be one month old. Hard to believe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is so adorable! Love those big, beautiful eyes. We hope to see her soon.
These are busy times. There definitely seems to be a learning curve for both parents and the baby. It gets better -- I think?! Well, its worth it! Trust us!