I've been absent so long that it's made me not want to post. I have so much to catch up on. But instead of feeling like I have to recap, I'm just going to go forward. Otherwise I may never post again.
We've been sick. Isabelle and I have both had a nasty cold and we've barely survived. She didn't want to eat, sleep or do anything. Amidst this, she's been learning so many new things. This week she figured out how to go upside down and look through her legs. She did do a face plant once while practicing this. :( But today the news is Snuggle Puppy. We've been working on introducing him as her nighttime friend (lovey). During the day I always ask her where he is, and we drag him from room to room as we play. She knows that he is often in the crib so she looks there for him. She knows exactly what he is as when I say, "Where's Snuggle Puppy?", she looks for and grabs him from among many toys.
After she was asleep for her afternoon nap, I peeked in to tuck the blanket over her, and there was Isabelle, fast asleep with her arm around Snuggle Puppy, nestled close and keeping her company. A first. I'm hoping this is the start of a beautiful friendship.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ah, yes, the security item. Very good... both J and T still have their primary ones. A tip... buy two! In case anything happens...
What a beautiful picture--a peacefully sleeping baby and her new companion.
Thanks for taking the time to blog, Mel! I love every tidbit we get :-)
Post a Comment