Saturday, November 03, 2007

Da Room

After months of waffling about which room to put which child in, we finally made a permanent decision. Or to be more accurate, I finally made a decision. We had been planning on leaving Isabelle in her room and putting the new baby in our newly cleaned out study, but I kept going back and forth because of the size of the rooms. Isabelle's room is smaller, and is already set up as a nursery.

When we were at Ikea we chose a color scheme and some bedding. The twin bed is just a reading/sitting area for now because we'd like her to stay in the crib as long as possible! This morning Christy and Dane took Isabelle out for the morning and for lunch so we raced around assembling the furniture (Ben) and buying the remaining linens needed (Mel). While she was sleeping this afternoon I washed all the new stuff and hemmed the curtains. Ben will put the finishing touches on the blinds tomorrow.

BEFORE


AFTER


Isabelle was super excited about "da room" and we had some great play time in it after dinner. She went to bed very happily. I can't believe it's finally done, except for hanging up a few things on the walls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mel and Ben, The room looks wonderful. I love the furniture. The bed on the floor reminds me of you guys at home. She is a lucky girl. Good work.

Grandpa G

Brenda said...

The room looks fabulous ,Mel. You made some good choices. It looks like a room fit for a princess! can't wait to see it in person.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

It looks so good! It's fun to see it finished too.

Christy

SC said...

Mel, It looks wonderful. It makes it so real to me to see everything falling in place. We are so excited to meet your new little one!!
xoxooo Bear