Thursday, December 13, 2007

Big Sister

One of the most frequently asked questions in the last few weeks has been "How's Isabelle doing?"

She pretty much ignored Charlotte for the first two weeks, except for asking "I go baby's car seat" or "I go baby's bed" in a whiny voice once or twice a day. She also has gotten in the swing a few times, and it only lasts about 5 minutes or so and she then realizes she's too big. For the most part, she has not shown any jealousy at all. She has played well in the room with me while I've been nursing. We often read books during that time with her up on the couch with me.

Whenever she hears Charlotte cry she says "Baby Charlotte's hungry." She was also very watchful of Charlotte's paci in the first few weeks, because Isabelle is only allowed hers at bedtime and I fully expected her to grab it at the first chance and run off.

A few days ago when Ben asked Isabelle to say "Good morning" to Charlotte, Isabelle replied with "What's going on, baby Charlotte?" I think she got that from me saying "I need to see what's going on with Baby Charlotte." :)

She has not yet held Charlotte - not interested and runs away. One day when I was taking Charlotte's picture, Isabelle said she wanted to be in the picture too, so that's how these shots came to be. It looks kind of like she's reading to her....


Last night we went to the mall to let me out of the house (it had been a few days!) and Isabelle was playing in the indoor playground. Ben and I were standing on the edge with Charlotte in the stroller and in between romps Isabelle ran up and said "Mummy!Daddy! Isabelle! Baby Charlotte!". It was like she was saying, "Yeah, she's one of us now. And I love our family!". :)

No comments: