Here's a few words about my new header and quote.
The picture is from a 2004 family vacation to Culebra. This was our final day of the trip in old San Juan, on Puerto Rico. This was our last big family vacation prior to my older sister and I having kids and the younger siblings dispersing for college - a special time of being together in a beautiful place before changes were to come. Ben and I are the tiny people sitting on the lawn.
The scripture verse is meaningful to me right now because it represents rest from striving and being frantic. In The Message, it says,
Your salvation requires you to turn back to me
and stop your silly efforts to save yourselves.
Your strength will come from settling down
in complete dependence on me—
The very thing
you've been unwilling to do.
You've said, 'Nothing doing! We'll rush off on horseback!'
You'll rush off, all right! Just not far enough!
You've said, 'We'll ride off on fast horses!'
Do you think your pursuers ride old nags?
Whenever I want to solve a problem or find a solution for something that I am very anxious about, I tend to rush about and make myself busy with finding an answer. Fast. But I feel God saying that the answer is in the stillness. It is in dependence on Him.
I am in a season where I would like an answer fast. But God is slow.
And I trust Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment