Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Say Yes to Michigan

I've been waiting to write this post for a long time. Here goes.

Ben has accepted a new call. A call to be the pastor of First Christian Reformed Church of Detroit in Grosse Pointe, Michigan.

There has been so much leading up to the above sentences that I can't fill it all in. What I can say is that it has been over a year of praying, waiting, discerning, listening, worrying and wondering. Just over a year ago, a chain of events began at our church that led up to a decision to go from two pastors back to one. At this same time, Ben and I were feeling restless and wondering if God was leading us to a new area of ministry. The two things collided and here we are looking ahead at this new call that we have said yes to.

I think I'm going to blog through this process of leaving, saying goodbye, arriving and saying hello. I have so many mixed emotions and I'd like to document them, but also let you all in on what's happening with us and how you can support and pray for us. Right now the biggest thing on our minds is housing - hoping our house will eventually sell and that we can find good accommodation in Grosse Pointe. There is no parsonage so we will be looking most likely to rent a place.

I'm very excited about the new post. It's a good match between pastor, pastor's family and congregation. It's an interesting church in a unique area that I am looking forward to living in. But I'm also very sad to leave the many wonderful people at Shawnee Park. And our awesome house. It has been such a privilege to live in this wonderful house for the time we had it. We ENJOYED it.

But please pray that now someone else will want to enjoy it.

1 comment:

amymom24 said...

Congratulations on this next step in life. It is very understandable that you would feel so torn about leaving who/what you know and love, and being excited for the future. Praying for you!