Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sleep, Glorious Sleep

After being swung to sleep in the car seat for three straight months, we did it. Isabelle slept her first night (all night) in the crib on Thursday night. We awoke several times but were able to put her back to sleep without picking her up. This is big news in our household! We no longer have to worry about Ben destroying his rotator cuffs!! Cancel the extra insurance!

We love our girl. She has been a major delight the past month - laughing, smiling, cooing, growing. She has really calmed down and is easier to soothe and please. She's down to 3 longer naps during the day instead of lots of short ones, which is great.



I discovered the "Trixie Tracker" which graphs sleep and eating patterns, and I'm addicted to it. I love data entry and lists, and this is just fascinating to me. Click here and you can see how she's been sleeping lately.

My mondo vacation post is coming next. I've had to do a bit of work on the pictures so that's what is taking so long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rotator cuffs?

Enjoy your sleep! And thanks for the Trixie Tracker link. Do you also monitor diapers, food, etc?

SC said...

I think I sense a new obsession coming on.....
Yayyyy for the crib!!!!

Melody said...

Josh - we also are tracking nursing, but nothing else so far. Diapers seemed too much work now, but we sure did it in the first month of life.