Monday, August 28, 2006

Blog Block

Yep. It's me. I'm still here.

It's been a long month. A month of night wakings and colds and company and teething and extra projects at work and the list goes on. I have just been dragging myself around; I've been so tired. Things always seem so bad when you are sleep deprived. It's not really that they are bad at all. But when you are in that state, you just don't think right. Or see right. You all know what I am talking about. Hence, I have not been blogging or doing much of anything for that matter. Just hanging in there. Tonight Isabelle went to bed early (she had a 9 month shot today) and I managed to post new photos on Flickr and now I'll work on some blog posts.

This has been a good but different summer. I've enjoyed the time with friends and family who came and visited us. Isabelle did so many wonderful things this summer, and in some ways I feel like I've spent the whole summer in awe of how she is developing and growing. But I missed being at the cottage for a week and reading a new Harry Potter book. And being bored. And having time to work on projects at work and clean up my office. I missed swimming. I missed going to Ontario. And now summer's over and I'm feeling as though the fall is ramping up relentlessly.

One thing we did very regularly this summer was walk. In fact, most mornings after Isabelle woke up, we fed her and then we headed out for 40-60 minutes. It was precious time for Ben and I to talk and connect, and Isabelle loved being outside. We often treated ourselves to a cold drink at Starbuck's as a reward for the good exercise. When I think of this summer, I don't think of the fatigue or the disappointment at things left undone. I think of Isabelle crawling and pulling up for the first time. I think of those great walks and picnic suppers by Reed's Lake enjoyed by the three of us. I think of time spent with the people I love who sacrificed a lot to come and visit us. And I tell myself that it was another season. They come and go, and there will be more.

Farewell summer.

3 comments:

SC said...

Wow--I feel like I could have written that post. Your posts feel so good for me to read--they resonate resonate resonate with me.

Anonymous said...

Exactly.
The resonance extends over the Atlantic. I was starting to get depressed at the onset of Autumn, but looking back, I wouldn't have had this summer be anything but the hectic, awe-some learning experience it was.

I will, however, be missing the daylight/no-rain hours in which to escape the house. Luckily Jamie's pram has a rain-guard...

Unknown said...

Time for another post? :)
Hope all is well in GR.

J&G