A few videos to share:
Isabelle has been obsessed with loud noises. She loves lawn mowers, cars, trucks, machines, etc. She has even perfected her "brmm, brmm" noise. I think she's dreaming of her great grandpa's RC airplanes. She would LOVE those. Anyways, this clip comes from early September when Ben offered to take Belle along while he was mowing the lawn. She was riveted to the side of the backcarrier, straining to see the lawnmower and trimmer the whole time.
This clip shows more of the everyday Isabelle. We've been working on baby signing, but so far she just seems to get frustrated at me...it's like she already has her own signs and I know them - they are just not the polite hand motions. They all involve yelling and vigorous body movements. The most obvious one is "I want that."
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a great birthday present! Thanks for the videos, Mel and Ben.
BTW, the September referrals for China came out today, and they matched up to August 9, 2005. Since we are September 14, 2005, it looks like we will definitely get our referral in November or December, which means travel in January or February. Getting closer!
Those videos made me laugh! I shudder to think of what's coming up for us with Jamie...it's wierdly funny to watch them experience frustration.
It is amazing how the simplest thing can be so frustrating so babies/young kids. I forget sometimes that they have to learn everything and we already know so much. Hazel gets so so frustrated and flails on the ground or runs to me for help. We're trying to get her to focus on doing only the later, but it is so hard. The lawn mowing clip is great.
Melody Currier
PS, Matt says thanks for the book! He's taking "Youth at Risk" with Tobias this semester.
Hey Mel, The signing will come! Kai did more, eat, please, thank-you, milk,and change diaper for the longest time I could not get him to do any more. Then he started watching Signing Time on PBS fridays. You can also purchase them but they cost quite a bit. They are set to music and show children doing the signs too. Kids respond really well to other kids doing signs.I also got the Baby Einstein video Baby Wordsworth. He now at 2 does colours, animals, the alphabet, run, walk, sing, dance, jump, play, blocks, book, swing, sit, table, sun, tree,dirty,clean, bowl, cup, and tons more. I'm not trying to brag about him I'm trying to brag about the shows.
Mel--I am so in love with that little live wire!! She cracks me up!! When she was yelling into her cup I was laughing out loud!! Too hilarious. What a strong and shining spirit that little one has. I can't wait to squeeze her again soon. xoxoxo thanks for the cheer up call yesterday. You're awesome. xoxo bear
Alison- YIPPEE!! GETTING CLOSER!! That's so exciting!
Post a Comment