Thursday, September 21, 2006

SoulCare

This weekend I'll be leading worship at a retreat for Calvin Seminary spouses. The retreat is the annual kickoff event for a program called SoulCare that I attended while Ben was at the Sem. It was a weekly event that brought together women whose husbands were entering the ministry; women whose lives were on hold and after that faced uncertainty. Where would we live? What kind of church would we serve? What would we do there? It was a great group for us to share feelings and thoughts about being married to a future minister. Our host and leader, Rev. Carol Muller, lives in a gorgeous house on a lake, and just being there always really fed my soul. Sometimes it was hard for me to be there (I was pretty much the only woman in my group who didn't have children) but as a whole, it was really good for me to go.

Last year the retreat was the weekend after we moved, plus I was 7 months pregnant and I had to cut out on the Saturday to attend a prenatal class. It was really chaotic. This year Ben is looking after Isabelle for Fri evening/all day Saturday so I can go. He's looking forward to the time with her.


1 comment:

SC said...

sounds like a really wonderful weekend. I can't wait to hear all about it. :) Enjoy!!