She's signing. More, diaper and eat. She is still very crabby with me when I do "all done", as if to say "Lady, get me out of this chair. I KNOW you know what I mean."
When she hears "Where's Isabelle?", she put her hands, palms out, in front of her eyes. She does it a lot during mealtime. In fact, she needs games and songs during mealtime. She's bored. I think she gets that from me. I can't eat without reading or doing something.
Her favorite song right now is "Wheels on the Bus". She claps whenever she hears clapping on a CD or on the television.
The triumph of the day is this: she got some soft blocks from Auntie Christy and Uncle Dane for her birthday that have a cylinder that goes through one of them. She has been trying for weeks to get the cylinder into the hole by herself. She gets frustrated and throws each piece down with a separate hand. Today she was able to do it herself - fed the cylinder through the hole. She looked at me and said "aaaahh" - which translates as "yay!!!!" and clapped her hands.
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love how observant you are, Mel, and how these details become so fascinating when one is attached to the child.
What a gift to watch a human being learn, to see her frustration and triumph. She certainly has persistence!
What a smarty pants :) I love hearing all about sweet Belle and what she's up to---sounds like she's feeling much more herself! I hope you and Ben are too.
Hey mel, good to see you back. Kai also has to be entertained while eating or he will say all done as soon as he is fastened in the chair. We ended up putting a tv in the kitchen (so taboo) and he can watch his learning videos like signing time when he eats. If he eats more that is a good thing!
Belle continues to be a cutie! You named her well-beatiful!!
Post a Comment