
Grandpa with his girls


Grandpa Ed with Lia
Brother Ben
The sleeping was a challenge. Ben and Isabelle slept in a tent just outside the front door and we quickly discovered that she would not be able to fall asleep when Ben was in the tent. So each nap time and evening he left her to kick and read books and then joined her when she was for sure asleep around 10pm. Except for the last night, when after he started to unzip the door, he heard, "Hellloooooo!!!!" and she was standing straight up. He had to leave and come back at about 10:40pm.
It was really fun going through tons of old pictures for Dad's video (which Joanna and her man Blaise did a superb job on!). I made this collage of dad with both of my girls. We were trying to write a song for my dad and it ended up being a cool, funny beat poem with my brother Ben playing a funny riff on the guitar and Alison chanting the poem that included the repeated phrase, "Richard. Richard."Writing the beat poem/song
Isabelle and Charlotte both loved seeing Lia, their much loved cousin. Lia is so joyful and full of life that I almost burst with happiness when I think about her! Here is some footage of all three girls.Our traveling for the week went amazingly well. Yes, there is always that 30-60 minutes at the end of the trip when we are so close to home we can feel it, that both seem to cry unceasingly.
Canada still feels like home.













2 comments:
Fabulous pictures, Melody!!
What a fantastic post---I lOVED reading it so much. What a wonderful family you have Mel-I love getting to see each and every one of them!!
xoxo
Post a Comment