Saturday, March 25, 2006

Bump on the Head

Isabelle,

Today you got your first bump on the head. A small little mark on your forehead. You were in the baby carrier and I was holding some containers and they slid into you. You held your breath for a second, and then you cried and cried. I took you out of the carrier and held you tight while you sobbed, with real tears coming down your cheeks. After awhile you got quiet, and we rocked in your chair for awhile and you fell asleep on me. The sun was shining in your room, just like on the day you were born. And I don't care about organizing the kitchen or making dinner on time. I just want to hold you and keep you safe, and make sure that I never, never do that again. But of course, you will get more bumps and I can't keep that from happening. But I promise that I'll hold you tight and tell you that it's alright.

Love you like the stars above,
Mummy

3 comments:

SC said...

Poor little dolly. I'm sure it hurt you more than it hurt her. She's one lucky girl to have such a wonderful mummy.

divine.conspiracy said...

what a wonderful post. my eyes got moist... but just for a second. :)

speaking of bumps, Jackie got a huge bump on her forehead (at church on the gym floor), a scrape on the bridge of her nose (on our front steps), and a cut on her pinky finger (at the playground), all in the space of 24 hours!

What has she learned from all this?
She now says that she'll bring water to the playground in case there's any blood... what a funny little girl...

Melody said...

Thanks, Euge. I feel better.