Saturday, May 06, 2006

Isabelle's Birth: Part IV

At 6pm Mom and Ali arrive exclaiming “Is there a baby?” You have to picture, I’m lying in the bed and there’s no one or nothing in sight. “Yes!” According to Ali, I followed that up with “She’s a girl and her name is Isabelle Jane. Isabelle spelled I-S-A-B-E-L-L-E.” I made Mom and Ali wait until Ben came back from the nursery with Isabelle to see her which was probably torturous for them, but I couldn’t stand to miss the moment of them seeing her. For more on Mom and Ali's story, see Alison's posts on knitting the family blanket. Lisa, Chris, Christy and Dane arrived shortly thereafter so we all waited for Ben to return from the nursery. Then as I ate my mac and cheese, I told the birth story to an attentive room. Everyone took turns holding Isabelle.







That day is burned into my mind like a scene from an accident or something traumatic, except it was nothing like that - just excitement and amazement. Ben stayed with me in the hospital and slept on a cot. He was a great coach. After two nights in the hospital, we headed home to start life as three. And the rest is history...

No comments: