Monday, June 05, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Today is my mom and dad's 35th wedding anniversary. As a kid, I remember always wondering what to get them as a present for this occasion. One year when I was under 10 I scoured garage sales and came up with a dried flower arrangement that was under glass. I'm sure my mom thought it was very ugly, but it stayed in a prominent place on our china cabinet for a long time. This to say that I've never been very good at expressing how I feel about their love for each other.

I've been blessed with two of the most special people on earth for parents. Here are some things I love most about them as a couple.
  • They love to spend Mondays together.
  • They read books about building their relationship and making it stronger.
  • They pray together.
  • They give to others together, by offering gifts and using their home for hospitality.
  • They continue to desire a great relationship, instead of settling for an "okay" one.
  • They are full of pride for their children and delight in our successes.
That's just the tip of the iceberg. Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad. Thanks for being so committed to each other.

3 comments:

Josh and Heather said...

This blog entry/anniversary card is a great gift for this year!

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much, Melody, for your kind words of affirmation. I treasure the words more than any material gift!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Mel

What a wonderful anniversary surprise. I will treasure your words for many years to come. I'm glad we are able to bless you.

Love Dad